.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Maya

Learning about technology to help in educational settings

Friday, July 16, 2004

Mexican Food and Ice Cream

Last night we went out with my sister's friend again, and again it was fun.  We all had some good conversations on the differences between guys and girls.  We ate at this Mexican Restaurant, which our family used to go to when we were young, but then someone would always get sick.  But we figured we should try it out again, it was okay. I honestly haven't found a GREAT mexican restaurant yet.  Then we went to this local joint for ice cream.  I had my regular - small cone with soft serve vanilla and chocolate swirl.  Soft serve ice cream on a cone seems perfect during the summer! My sister had a piece of an ice cream roll, which was pretty good and her friend had a chocolate and peanut butter covered frozen banana.  
 
I started to think, how do you know when its time for a change? I mean, in life, people get caught up in their comfort zones. Sometimes people go out on a limb and change something drastic about their life, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  How does someone know if they should try working somewhere else? I know this isn't that big of a change, but I guess I'm young and to me it is. 
 
Today I am in the office.   My sister and I had to wake up early. I had told my brother to check the automatic transmission fluid in the car, and he did this morning and said it was fine. But when we were driving up here, the car seemed to struggle to change gears (its automatic).  So apparently it was low on trans. fluid. I was a little annoyed at my brother, what if this has now really messed up the engine.  So my sister and I fill it up, but then the indicator thing doesn't go back in right and gets stuck.  I had to pull really hard to get it out, I was afraid I was going to break it.  Then it gets stuck again, and this time I couldn't do it, luckily my sister did.  Anyway, moral of the story, now we both know how to fill it up again and how to put the indicator back properly. 
 
I am so sleepy, I am still having problems getting and staying asleep.  I had gone to the doctor and he prescribed me sleeping pills, but a lot of people close to me don't want me to fill the Rx.  These pills can be addicting.  I really hope this problem goes away, its annoying. 
 
Going to try golfing today for the first time ever, should be interesting...hopefully I don't fall asleep on the course!
 


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your next client should have been Ben and Jerrys or Breyers etc. I dont think you'd have any issues with your role/location then.

Big blue is a beast and cannot be stopped. Not to worry, the car should be fine.

Hopefully you do not swing and miss on the golf course...

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home