.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Maya

Learning about technology to help in educational settings

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Sitting Around

In hindsight, yesterday was a pretty interesting day. I received calls from 2 different managers and then I talked to an old coworker of mine who now works at a different company. I always would tell her I would call and then yesterday I did. She kind of wants me to apply to the company she is working at. Maybe I do have work skills! :) The only thing is that its her company is in energy, and that doesn't really interest me.

I talked to my staffing rep today, seems like I will either end up in NJ or in FL. I decided to just sit back and wait, not much else I can do. Either way I should be fine. If I'm in NJ, I can be near my family and reconnect with friends from that area. If I'm in FL, I will be near Disney World and can fly to other places too.

Last night, I went to dinner with 2 of my friends, it was fun. We went to Bertucci's. I like their bread they serve and the olive oil mixed with herbs. I was stuffed by the time I came back.

Today, I had to drop my sister off to work, return some stuff at the supermarket, fill up gas, and fax something to my sister. I haven't done much else, I should go down and clean up the kitchen, but when no one is home, I feel like I have no energy. Tonight, we might go out to dinner with one of my sister's coworkers. He is a really nice guy, last week we hung out with him in Philly and had a lot of fun. The Rittenhouse area is nice, I had never been there at night. We went to a Thai restaurant, Thai My or something. It was okay, I have had better. Then we went to Ben and Jerry's! Yum!

I read my brother's Xanga today, and he does so much. I should try to do more with my life and use him as an inspiration. Last Sunday, he biked 62 miles for this cancer fundraiser event. He always has so much energy and can't sit still, just like my dad.

I talked to one of my coworkers who went to SAP training with me. I met so many nice people there. I should try harder to keep in touch with them. It would be cool if I was on a project with one of them.

I didn't write about my laptop before. This past Monday, I finally got a lighter laptop from work. Of course, I had to get it when it rained almost a foot here! My poor brother had to pick me up from the city and it was raining so hard and there was a ton of traffic. The police had closed some exits on 676 because they were flooded. But anyway, my new laptop is much lighter and faster than my old one. My old one was so slow. This new one is really cool, it has an internal wireless card and is a bluish-purple color.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

Nice, ur eating out places... ya i ate at that italian restaurant, i love their bread n olive oil wit herbs, i mean its such a simple idea, when u try that at home, it just doesn't taste the same, if i recall correctly i had the brucetta and ravioli. I tried Thai food in NY, i was told it was the best, and i tried it and it tasted like crap, so bland and milky n it was jus not appetizing.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want a new laptop too and i want it to flood here too so i can sleep all day and not go to work :)
what "other" will you fly too ? ;-)

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Huge boobs comics breast Free mature pussy thumbs

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home